History

Kip’s Cafe was opened in 1956 by Mr. Kip Hom on 1058 E. Main Street, El Cajon, serving Chinese food with some American dishes.  Wing Tam took over from his Uncle Kip when Kip retired in 1980.  The restaurant was moved to 382 North Second in mid-1990’s and Japanese food and sushi was added to the menu.  The original menu has also gone through some transformations (to the better) since.  With years in business serving generations, Kip's has become one of the most popular restaurants in El Cajon.

In November of 2008, Kip's closed its door and had to say goodbye to its long time fans and El Cajon due to high raise in rent during a rather gloomy economic weather.  Kip's Cafe was relocated in Hillcrest in January, 2010.  On October 21, 2012, Kip's reopened its doors back home in El Cajon.

Kip's history speaks for itself.  A restaurant has to be really good in all aspects to have stayed that long in business! 


Media Coverages




Neon Sign on Main

Old Menu from the 70's